ABOUT THE FRESH GROCER
The Fresh Grocer is an accomplished independent supermarket chain specializing in providing high quality perishables in urban and suburban environments with eight stores operating in the (PA, NJ, DE) Tri-State area. The Fresh Grocer is committed to understanding the needs, tastes and traditions of the communities in which our stores are located, and makes it a priority to offer an assortment of products and services to meet those various needs. The Fresh Grocer is also committed to improving food access and to promoting the health and wellness of our customers, associates, and communities.
The Fresh Grocer’s Commitment to our Customers:
- To offer superior customer service, exceeding customers expectations
- To offer restaurant-quality take home meals with best in market pricing.
- To offer a wide variety of high quality perishables at best in market pricing.
- To understand the needs, tastes and heritage of the community and offer an assortment of products and services to meet those needs.
- To operate clean and sanitary facilities and exceed industry standards for food handling practices in all locations.
The Fresh Grocer’s Commitment to our Associates:
- To provide a clean, safe, friendly and respectful work environment.
- To provide the ability to earn fair compensation along with proper training to fulfill their job responsibilities.
- To offer an opportunity for career development / advancement and job security with a growing organization.
- To provide an environment always committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Fresh Grocer’s Commitment to the Community:
- To take an active part in neighborhood / community initiatives.
- To support charitable and service organizations and encourage our associates participation.
- To offer employment and career opportunities to members of the communities we service.
- To offer a full assortment of products and services at competitive prices in all of the communities that we serve.
- To operate our stores with an ongoing commitment to the environment.
- To always encourage our management to work closely with community leaders to ensure we are meeting their needs and the needs of their constituents.
OUR COMMITMENT TO THE PARTNERSHIP FOR A HEALTHIER AMERICA
In November 2011, The Fresh Grocer supermarket chain made a commitment to the Partnership for a Healthier America, which works with honorary chair First Lady Michelle Obama and the private sector to end the childhood obesity epidemic within a generation, to increase access to healthy, affordable food in communities that are currently underserved by opening five new full service supermarkets over the next five years. The five new Fresh Grocers will sell a variety of fresh fruit, vegetables, fish, meat, dairy, and fresh prepared food products and will open over a period of five years, serving approximately 795,000 people and creating approximately 1,000 jobs.
The Fresh Grocer’s Wellness Plaza location, which opened on November 9, 2012 in New Brunswick, New Jersey, is the first of these five new stores. The opening of the 50,000 square foot Fresh Grocer has created over 300 new jobs in the community and is the neighborhood’s first full service supermarket in over 20 years, bringing fresh food access to nearly 90,000 people.